On May 17, TCGi was the MBE co-chair for this year’s National Minority Supplier Development Council’s (NMSDC) Leadership Awards at the Grand Ballroom of the New York Hilton in Midtown. On this night, top MBE’s and procurement chiefs mixed for a night that honors their peers.
The black-tie awards gala recognizes and celebrates the corporate executives, minority business owners and NMSDC council presidents who have consistently engage and inspire their companies within the NMSDC network. MSNBC daytime anchor, Richard Lui, was the Master of Ceremony (and was a great one!). The awards also coincides with the 45th anniversary of the NMSDC organization.
This year’s winners included:
- Supplier Diversity Professional of the Year Award– Jackie LaJoie, Supplier Diversity Manager, Ingersoll Rand
- MBE of the Year Award – Anjali Ramakumaran,Chief Executive Officer, Ampcus Inc
- CPO of the Year – Peter Kiriacoulacos,CPO and Executive Vice President, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal
- Leaders for the Future Award– Gene Waddy, CEO, Diversant, and Gary Kallenbach, Chief Procurement Officer, UPS
- Robert M. Stuart Leadership Award – Dr. Leonard Greenhalgh,Director of Programs for Minorities and Women-Owned Businesses and Director of Native American Business Programs, Dartmouth.
Our CEO, Avis Yates Rivers, presented the Supplier Diversity Professional of the Year Award to Jackie LaJoie.
Fellow Corporate Co-Chairs for the 2017 Leadership Awards were Toyota and MetLife, the Corporate Plus Co-Chair was World Wide Technology and the MBE Co-Chair was TCGi. Northrup Grumman was the pre-awards reception sponsor. Black Enterprise was the media partner for the event
As part of their and our sponsorship, each company created a 90 second film for viewing at the awards gala as part of NMSDC’s “#WeAreNMSDC” campaign. The videos share how NMSDC has helped each company grow, including TCGi. Take a look at our ‘Hidden Figures’ inspired clip!
NMSDC has immense meaning to TCGi. As an MBE and WBE, the organization has taken us from good to great and soon….excellent and beyond! We encourage all minority suppliers to join your local diverse supplier councils. For more information on how you can join, click here!